Extra mouse clicks 1Password extension necessary?

Options
B0rg
B0rg
Community Member

When 1Password v8 is locked. I'm in my browser and want to use the 1Password extension, i click on it and the Touch ID window pops up. I authenticate with my fingerprint successfully but then i have to click on the 1Password extension again to open it.

Why do i have to click again on the 1Password extension icon to finally open? After the touch id authentication the 1Password extension should automatically open.

Can this be changed to make it less mouse clicks?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@B0rg

Check 1Password in the browser. Do you have Show autofill menu on field focus disabled? If so, enable it.

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_tommy , i have both options enabled in the browser extension but still doesnt show after touch id authentication

• ag_tommy
    Options

@B0rg

Which browser are you using?

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member
    Options

I tested it on Firefox and Edge, both do the same.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@B0rg

Crikey! You are correct I believe. I see the same behavior in Chrome. Safari on the other hand does not exhibit this behavior. My apologies. It looks to be a bug. Thanks for the report.

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yes, i just tested safari and that one shows the correct behavior.

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy its now over 4 months and firefox still shows this problem (1p extenion. 2.4.3) Safari and Edge are working fine.

This discussion has been closed.