1Password 8: Autofill server logins

Nil
Nil
Community Member

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to auto-fill passwords that are saved in the Servers category in 1Password 8.

It doesn't seem to be the case.

For example, I would like to auto-fill passwords into the terminal and Remote Desktop apps. But only logins and passwords have an auto-fill option.

Is there a list of categories that work with auto-fill?

Are are there plans to make other categories auto-fill compatible or should I create logins for things I want to be able to autofill?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Nil:

Great question! While the Autofill option isn't explicitly displayed, you can use ⌘+Return to fill the username and password from a Server item. 😁

Jack

• snork
    snork
    Community Member

I was also expecting the Server category to allow auto-fill and same for the "Admin Console" fields.

• snork
    snork
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P: I Tried to figure out how the ⌘+Return like you mentioned is supposed to work, but either I'm doing something wrong or it does not work.

Could you explain how and where this is supposed to work?

• Hey @snork:

As an example, in Cyberduck, I can enter my server URL in the new connection dialog, then open Quick Access (using ⌘+Shift+Space) and search for my login credentials stored in that server item, then press ⌘+Return to fill and hit enter. Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

• snork
    snork
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P, sorry for the late reply, but the annoyance continues. I tried, but your suggestion does not work.

• Hi @snork

Try using ⇧↩ (Shift–Enter) instead and let me know if that works. :)

• wakko1999
    wakko1999
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Just ran into the today. was unable to get either suggestion to work. Have a server admin console login that logs in via a web browser and no auto-fill. tried the command return and shift enter and no luck. I suppose I could use the regular login category, but I like the format the server category has for entering server related details. hoping autofill from server category is incorporated or if there's something I'm missing?

scratch that....kept trying it and eventually I received a prompt from MacOS to allow 1password to have Accessibility access. Once I enabled that, doing Shift+command+space to bring up the quick access, search for login, and then Shift+Enter as suggested then worked for me. A little kludgy, but it got me there....hopefully it can be made more direct.

• Hi @wakko1999,

Thanks for the update here, glad to hear you got things working! I'll share your feedback with the rest of the team, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member

+1 on autofill for server logins.
    in the interim I created a separate login item but its entirely redundant and creates more entries. I end up with the same info in several categories all to capitalize on autofill which is gargantuan :P

• Thanks @klepp0906 I've passed your comment to the products team.

ref: PB-34464472

• thewolfe
    thewolfe
    Community Member

Adding a +1 to this thread. I still cannot believe this isn't an option.

This should also apply to the Wireless Routers as most are web accessible.

• @thewolfe

Thank you for the feedback, I can certainly pass along your request to the team as well. Are you trying fill a Server item or a Login item? And are you filling into a specific Mac app or into a website open in your browser?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave