SUGGESTION: Change "Duplicate" to "Copy to Vault..." in Context Menu

Options
lysander
lysander
Community Member

On the Context menu that appears when right-clicking an entry the "Duplicate" command would be more meaningful if it were changed to "Copy to Vault..." since that is what the command does.

1Password Version: 8.0.7
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.31.1

Comments

• Hi @lysander:

Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll share it with our design team as we continue to iterate on 1Password 8.

Jack

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

I am confused about 'Duplicate'. I see it make a copy of my selected items into another vault but I think the duplicated item is linked to the original item so that when I make a change in the original item the change also shows up when I select the item in the other vault. Do Duplicated items in another vault stay connected to the original item in the original vault?
    My use case is to have a vault that is shared with family members who are designated executors of our estate. So I want to duplicate some but not all items in the day to day vault my wife and I use.
    Thanks,
    Larry

• Hi @ozarkcanoer:

Great question. Duplicating an item makes a copy of it the moment you click duplicate, but they're no longer linked at that point. If you're looking to share a vault with your executors, having the only copy of the relevant items be in a "For Executors" vault shared with them separately from whichever vault you and your wife use for your day to day tasks would be your best bet to avoid duplicates.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P OK, I understand. Can I have our (wife and I) daily use of 1P search both the shared "Executors" vault and our private vault? Then I'd keep items we use that will be of interest to executors in the shared vault, and everything else in our private vault.
    My other option is to just share our entire vault to the users who will be executors. That would give me reason to delete old, no longer used items (mostly logins) from our vault.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Larry

This discussion has been closed.