1P7 Licensed Version Autofill not working for most sites

Options
VT1P
VT1P
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

When I started to use my 1P7 licensed version today, I found that autofill is not showing up as an option at most web sites in Chrome with the classic extension installed. When I tried to sign-in to AgileBits to post my question, autofill appeared and worked fine!

Can anyone suggest what may be going wrong? Have I changed a setting by mistake?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

No one has any ideas on what the problem might be?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @VT1P !

Did you check already if you are still using the classic extension? Maybe the newer 1Password in the browser extension was installed automatically? I can remember that this was happening for some users that used the classic extension... 🤔

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

DenalB,

Yes, I have checked. I checked for recent updates of Chrome and 1P7 - I'm up to date. I removed and reinstalled the classic extension. Nothing helped. I can't understand why it would autofill at AgileBits but not at other websites. For now, I have gone back to Safari on my Big Sur Macs, where 1P7 still autofills perfectly.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hey again, @VT1P !

Sounds like an issue with the latest Chrome release... 🤔
    What is your exact version number? Are you using the latest beta build 7.9.5.BETA-1? Maybe you could give this build a try?
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'm just going to keep using Safari for now. I have used Safari for years, with very few 1P issues. I started "trying out" Chrome about six months ago and I have had several issues related to the 1P extension, partly because the extension works differently in Chrome vs. Safari. I actually prefer the way the extension works in Safari. If I ever go back to Chrome I will work on this issue again - by then I may have switched to 1P8.com!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Fine! Have fun. 👌

• Hey @VT1P:

Thanks for reaching out! Glad to hear @DenalB was able to get you on the right track. 😀 Just as a note, 1Password in the browser (our newer browser extension) behaves a lot more like the Safari extension included in 1Password 7, with in-line filling. It only supports 1Password accounts and doesn't support standalone vaults. We're offering some great trade in discounts if you'd like to get the ball rolling on migrating to a 1Password account. You can get in touch with us via email at support+tradein@1password.com, and one of my colleagues will be able to get you set!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.