1Password 8 losing focus

Options
sethadam1
sethadam1
Community Member

For a few versions of 1Password 8 for Mac, I've experienced an infrequent bug where the app suddenly, but reliably, begins losing focus. I click the Dock icon to foreground the app, but any attempt to interact with the app window immediate backgrounds the app. It doesn't minimize, it just disappears behind all other windows. This is a fairly new bug, I've only noticed in the last two weeks or so. The only fix that I've found is quitting the app (right click Dock icon > quit) and relaunching, which means re-authenticating as well.

Has anyone experienced this?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @sethadam1:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when using 1Password on your Mac. Is there a specific set of steps that causes this to occur, or is it seemingly random as to when it occurs? If you're able to take a screen recording, that would be helpful too. I'd also like you to collect a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics and screen recording to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sethadam1
    sethadam1
    Community Member
    Options

I'll wait until i can capture a screen recording. I have to tell you - it's tough to do because I can't move or interact with the window in that state, but I'll wait until I can demonstrate it and then grab a sysdiagnose.

• TimL
    TimL
    Community Member
    Options

When opening 1Password 8 using the button in Safari's toolbar, the 1PWD window is hidden immediately after entering my password to unlock the app behind the Safari window. Very annoying.

• Raider00X
    Raider00X
    Community Member
    Options

I have somewhat the same issue as TimL since running 1Password 8 (both in the beta and production channels). I click the 1Password lock icon in the browser (both Chrome and Safari), and the desktop app launches to unlock but immediately hides behind the browsers, where I need to move windows around to input the password, then the browser extension unlocks and it behaves like normal... until I need to unlock it again.

MacOS Monterey (12.4 and prior), both desktop and laptop behave like this, even on a fresh install on a new computer.

• ieuan
    ieuan
    Community Member
    Options

I've just reproduced this twice today and it's pretty frustrating. Workaround is to close and reopen 1Password.

Have submitted a screen recording and diagnostic dump via email as requested.

In case it's not obvious from the recording, when the cursor is over 1Password and the window switches to something else, it's because I've clicked the mouse and it seems to select whatever window is underneath.

This discussion has been closed.