Display language for shared items

Options

Hi guys,

the share feature is a great way to ensure the security of relayed credentials, and I'd love to use it more often.

Unfortunately, the resulting link leads to a site that displays everything in English. That's a huge problem when you need to go through additional steps to actually unmask the passwords, especially when you're dealing with computer illiterate people at the same time.

To worsen it, that's also the population that needs to have credentials resent the most and barely speaks foreign languages.

Am I doing anything wrong on my end? The website displaying should certainly adapt to the language set in the visitor's browser, no?

Would be great if we could solve this.

Cheers!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @John.Doe, thank you for raising this issue with us.

I wasn't personally aware of it, and am going to forward your report to some team members who will look into this. Thank you for letting us know about that inconsistency; we'll start investigating promptly!

ref: dev/core/core#15418

• John.Doe
    John.Doe
    Community Member
    Options

Really appreciate it, thank you, @PeterG_1P 😊

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thank you, @John.Doe ! I've now got the issue filed and the devs will take it from here. Thanks again for catching this, and showing how we can improve your experience. 🤝

• John.Doe
    John.Doe
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks a lot! 💖

• Happy to help, @John.Doe.

This discussion has been closed.