When will the IOS app drop support for iCloud?

Options
average_joe
average_joe
Community Member

I currently use iCloud sync for IOS <-> mac v6. When will the IOS app drop iCloud support now that v8 mac has dropped iCloud support?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @average_joe! 👋

Thank you for the question! The next version of 1Password for iOS, 1Password 8, will not support standalone vaults or iCloud sync. Memberships are the future of 1Password and you can read more about our decision to go all in on 1Password.com here: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

If you're interested, we're currently offering very large discounts on 1Password memberships to customers who have been longtime license users. I recommend that you email our dedicated migration team at support+tradein@1password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to our migration team so that they can offer you a heavily discounted membership. 😊

• average_joe
    average_joe
    Community Member
    Options

I was looking for a date I can circle on a calendar…

• Ben
    Options

I'm afraid we don't have a date to share, @average_joe. 1Password 7 will not upgrade to 1Password 8 without consent (it'll be a separate app to download), if that's the concern. When 1Password 8 for iOS is released, 1Password 7 will no longer be supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates, so you should upgrade to 1Password 8when you have the chance.

Ben

• average_joe
    average_joe
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Ben

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. 😃 If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.