Safari extension seems not to install

Options
jonclinch
jonclinch
Community Member

I have just installed iPassword 8 for Mac. The application works fine, but the Safari extension seems not to install accurately. I have installed it from the App Store as required, but when I choose "extensions" under Safari preferences, it is not present in the list.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Safari extension does not install

Comments

• jonclinch
    jonclinch
    Community Member
    Options

Keep me posted!

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jonclinch

Just to confirm you've installed 1Password for Safari and it's visible in your Applications folder, and you've launched it at least once, correct? If so, let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac:
    3. Paste the following into Terminal (on a single line) and then press enter to run the command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app
    4. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.
  • ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@orangenick

I did not see a ticket from your email address. Did you receive a support id? If so, can you share it.

Also, please see my comment above to jonclinch. Do those steps help?

• jonclinch
    jonclinch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much, @orangenick. Running that Terminal script got the job done.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Nice! Enjoy 1Password 8 jonclinch.

• Sorry to hear this, @orangenick. Our team will follow up with you by email at that ticket you mentioned to dig in deeper on this. 👆

• Picklebreath
    Picklebreath
    Community Member
    Options

I had this issue and followed instructions regards terminal command. Back in business. Thanks

• Appreciate the confirmation, @Picklebreath! On behalf of Tommy, you're very welcome. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.