why isn't autofill working after downloading 1Password8?

Options
Jacklow
Jacklow
Community Member

All my logins from version 7 transferred ok, but autofill no longer working?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill not working after downloading 1Password8?

Comments

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

It's a known "issue". There are several posts here relating to this (including mine). It's rather frustrating that probably the single biggest plus of 1P (autofilling logins and passwords) appears to be broken in this new version.
    Hopefully a fix coming soon.

• Hi @Jacklow:

Thanks for writing in about this. Would you mind clarifying what part of Autofill you're having trouble with? We're investigating an issue with Autofill on macOS 10.15, but that issue only affects macOS 10.15, and doesn't affect later versions of macOS. Let me know, and I'll be able to dig into it further with you.

Jack

• Jacklow
    Jacklow
    Community Member
    Options

I am running macOS Monterey version 12.3.1. All my logins transferred Ok from 1Password 7 to 8. However, none of my logins auto install. I have to manually copy and paste. The 1Password emoji also doesn't appear in any website's slots for username or password. Auto install simple appears to have disappeared. Jack

• Hi @Jacklow:

Thanks for following up. Have you installed 1Password for your browser yet? You can get it here: Get started with 1Password in your browser

Let me know if that improves your state of play!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.