[1P8] Autofill not working where 1P7 works

Options
Kev0909
Kev0909
Community Member

Hello again,

I've noticed an issue when trying to fill in a password in the Cryptomator app PlayStore (paid) | GitHub (probably needs paid licence). Autofill isn't showing up when using v8 (Autofill and Accessibility deactivated for v7) [screenshot using v8]

It does show up when using v7, with either Autofill or Accessibility enabled, or both at the same time.

Would be nice to get it to work on v8 as well, since there are probably other apps with similiar password fields that work on v7 but might not work on v8 yet.

1Password Version: 8.8.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12

Comments

• Hello @Kev0909 thanks for letting us know about this filling regression! I was able to download Cryptomator but you're right, the Android app requires a paid license so I wasn't able to get to the password field.

If you long press the password field then tap Autofill or ⋮ > Autofill does the 1Password prompt appear in your suggestion strip? If not, do you see any toast thrown after tapping Autofill?

• Kev0909
    Kev0909
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_timothy ,
    Yea, fixing that issue without being able to actually test it yourself might be a bit difficult. I'll see if I encounter another app with a similar issue.

I had already tried long-pressing and using the Autofill button there but it just says Contents can't be auto-filled.

Edit: Found another app with a somewhat similar issue: Tachiyomi/ TachiJ2K -> 3-dot menu upper right -> Settings -> Tracking -> Kitsu (Log in to Kitsu.io)

• Kev0909
    Kev0909
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @ag_timothy
    Yea, it might be difficult to fix without being able to access the app itself. I'll see if I can find another app with a similar issue.

Yes, I had already tried long-pressing and using the Autofill button but it says Contents can't be auto-filled.

Edit: Found another app. Waiting for comment to be approved by mods.

• mverde
    Options

@Kev0909 we figuratively and literally did a Brain transplant for Autofill in 1Password 8 for Android (the new component that is responsible for the filling logic is called "Brain"). In general, this should mean that Autofill is now smarter and can fill more data in more places. For example, you can now fill credit cards and identities, which you could do previously in 1Password 7 for Android.

That being said, the Brain was first developed for the web, and we haven't finished optimizing it for mobile apps and browsers, so I definitely expect there to be some cases where it simply gets things wrong. Any details you can provide us when that does happen are much appreciated!

• Kev0909
    Kev0909
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_timothy
    Yea, it might be difficult to fix without being able to access the app itself. I'll see if I can find another app with a similar issue.

Yes, I had already tried long-pressing and using the Autofill button but it says Contents can't be auto-filled.

Edit: Found another app with a similar (username &) password field:
    Tachiyomi/ TachiJ2K
    1. Press 3-dot-menu in the upper right corner
    2. Settings
    3. Tracking
    4. Kitsu (Log in to Kitsu.io) [screenshot]

• @Kev0909 I downloaded the Tachiyomi J2K app and ran into the same results as you. Long press > Autofill works with 1Password 7 but not 1Password 8. Thanks for bringing this, and Cryptomator, to our attention!

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    The login autofill is also not working for Microsoft OneDrive Application.

• laggo
    laggo
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Just adding another app onto their thread, JuiceSSH.

When trying to SSH to a server a pop-up appears which asks for your password.

The 1password keyboard helpers don't appear.

Also, long press > auto-fill just says, "contents can't be auto-filled".

Works in v7.

• @laggo, thanks for letting us know about JuiceSSH! I'll share that with the team.

@prakharaug, in the images you shared I see there are suggested Microsoft Login items. Does tapping the suggested item fail to fill your email and password?

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy Yes clicking on it fail to fill. Nothing happens on clicking

• Hi @prakharaug, thanks for confirming that.

I'm able to consistently fill my test email and password in the OneDrive app. I'd like to ask you to update to the current nightly of 1Password 8, version 80800109 then check if the same issue occurs. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.