Move 2FA to New iPhone

IronDan
IronDan
Community Member

I have logins that use 1Password to generate TOTP for 2FA. I want to upgrade to a new iPhone. Besides the master password and secret key, what do I need to do to preserve the correct one-time password with these logins on the new iPhone? Sorry if the answer is already published, I wasn't able to find it anywhere.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5

Comments

• IronDan
    IronDan
    Community Member

With no replies, I guess I must have posted this question in the wrong place. After several hours in a futile search for an answer, I'll just revert the logins back to SMS 2FA. That way, I won't get locked-out of these accounts when moving to a new phone.

• Hello @IronDan! 👋

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. If you're using a 1Password account then all of your items and their information, including TOTP one-time passcodes, are backed up to 1Password.com. You can confirm this by making sure that you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).

You can access all of your 1Password items on your new iPhone by following these two steps:

1. Download and install 1Password: ‎1Password - Password Manager on the App Store
    2. Add your 1Password account back to your 1Password for iPhone app: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

All of your items will instantly appear on the new phone. Now, if you're using a different app to store your one-time passcodes or if you don't see your items on 1Password.com then please let me know. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.