[1P8] Does not copy when holding down (long-press) on item

LunimLunim
Community Member
edited June 17 in Android

When you press and hold on a item (like user name or password) there is haptic feedback, but the value is not copied to the clipboard. I have to tap the item and then select copy.

Pressing and holding works in 1P7

Comments

• mverdemverde

Team Member

Hi @Lunim and thanks for bringing this up! I was just discussing this with a colleague the other day and he was similarly lamenting that we don't yet support this behaviour. I've brought it up with our design team and we're going to work out how we want to standardize long-press behaviour throughout the app. While I can't say exactly when, we'll definitely be making improvements in this area.

• xd003xd003
    Community Member
    edited June 4

+1 For this feature , while it may seem like a pretty minor thing and most possibly would get lost in grand scheme of things , This is really a great thing to have from UX standpoint , no need of 2 taps for doing something as simple as just copying the item . I hope it quickly makes it into 1Password 8

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @xd003, thanks for input and interest on this!

• cmoscmos
    Community Member

As a long-term 1Password "power user" on Android, this long-press to copy a password (or username, or cc # etc) is really important! Super helps me zip around and get things done. And I really miss that on the beta.

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @cmos, thanks for weighing in on this! I'm a fan of the long-press copy myself so I'm excited to see what the design team comes up with. I'll add your +1. Thanks again!

• huffalumpyhuffalumpy
    Community Member
    edited June 17

+1
    And could we change the title of this thread, or add (long-press) so others can find it?

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @huffalumpy thanks for the suggestion! I've edited the title to add long press.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file