How the quick access default suggestion is determined?

Geobomatic
Geobomatic
Community Member

Hi,

I'm wondering how are determined the suggestion appearing in the quick access when nothing has been typed yet.

I have 2 suggestions and I don't know it's these ones. I wish it could displayed favorites instead :)

Am I missing something here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Geobomatic
    Geobomatic
    Community Member

EDIT: "I have 2 suggestions and I don't know it's these ones" -> "I have 2 suggestions and I don't know why it's these ones"

• Hello @Geobomatic, thanks for this question!

Quick Access takes a number of factors into consideration when it's offering suggestions. You mentioned that you have two suggestions appearing your results, even though nothing has been typed yet. Are those apps that are currently open on your device? That's what I'd expect would produce that result.

I'll look forward to learning more about this! 😃

• Geobomatic
    Geobomatic
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P, thank you for your answer!

Indeed, the 2 apps in question are launched on the computer! How do I attache an entry with an app?

• Hey @Geobomatic, thanks for confirming the applications that appear are running on your PC. That explains the suggestions 😄

This is an automated process where Quick Access detects running applications and offers suggestions based on that. It's not possible to attach a password entry with a specific application.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Ali

• Geobomatic
    Geobomatic
    Community Member

Hi @ali.hazime , thanks for your answer!

Then, the automatic process doesn't always work: it's been 2 weeks I'm using the same entry for a game launcher (Final Fantasy XIV Online) and the entry doesn't appear when the launcher is running :-/

• Hi @Geobomatic:

To clarify, there currently isn't any way of linking an entry to an application using 1Password for Windows at the moment. We currently detect a handful of apps and show suggestions, but there isn't any way of adding an app we don't recognize to a Login item.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.