Archive website retrieval

Options
PhilMcG
PhilMcG
Community Member

I accidentally archived a new password (will never do that again). Now I am unable to access the archive. I clicked on the three dots next to autofill at the top of the page, and when I click on archive, it asks me to archive whatever in in the browser. I do not see an archive icon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:retrieve password form archives

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @PhilMcG, thanks for this question. 👋

You can access your archive in 1Password for Windows, as well as in your account on 1Password.com.

Here's how you can get there in 1Password for Windows:

1. Click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your screen. A list of programs will pop up.
    2. Select 1Password, which will be located near the very top beneath a # symbol.
    3. Unlock the app with your usual account password.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the left panel, and there will be a trash can-shaped icon labeled Archive.

Double-click on this, and you should be able to access any items that have ended up there, as well as right-click > Restore on any items to return them to their former glory. 👍

And if you'd prefer to work with these items on 1Password.com, we have a brief guide on how to do that here.

Let me know if you're able to retrieve the item in question - we're here to help with whatever you might need!

• PhilMcG
    PhilMcG
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, got it!

• Excellent, thanks for the confirmation @PhilMcG ! 🙌

This discussion has been closed.