I have this to offer re saved documents and updating. Is there a better way?

GeoffMather
GeoffMather
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

The quick info for how to save a document says nothing about updating. I got a Covid booster and went to replace the image with a new one with more shots. There is an "edit" choice, but then the only option appears to be "add a document". Now I have two cards where I want just one. There was also a right click option to delete a local copy, but that doesn't change what 1Password has on file.
My only option seemed to be to create a new document with the updated Covid card and then delete the older version with no booster.
Is this the way it is supposed to work? I can imagine a "case" for preserving the stored document and not allowing any changes, as if archived in the Library of Congress. But perhaps I am missing something of an easier way to replace a document with an updated document.
You would think this is a common and useful option. But I could not make it work even for this trivial case of a new covid card.
Delete and create new is not user friendly here. What is the recommended way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:saved documents update

Comments

• Hey @GeoffMather:

Thanks for your thoughts on this! There's a few possible options you can use, depending on whether or not you're using 1Password 8 or not.

1Password 8 for Mac allows the ability to replace the file in a document item, where 1Password 7 doesn't.

The other possible option is using the Medical Record item type, filling in your details, and then attaching your file to the Medical Record item. With a Medical Record item, you can remove and replace attachments as needed, without having to create an entirely new item every time.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.