[1P8] [Feature Request] Autofill challenge questions

nukmicah
nukmicah
Community Member

Currently some challenge questions prompt the 1P8 autofill dialog for me, but of course 1P8 will only autofill the main login password.

It would be great if Autofill showed a ➕ icon or "More..." button next to each entry that let me autofill other data.

Currently I have to exit the browser/app, open 1P8 as a separate app, search for the right website login, then copy-paste the right data.

This proposal would reduce the process to just three clicks--once to open autofill dialog, once to open More info on the autosuggested login, and once on the challenge question answer which is then autofilled.

The specific example I noticed this is logging into Vivaldi Sync with the Vivaldi browser.

Comments

• Hello @nukmicah thanks for sharing this feature request!

I think adding a "More..." button is a really interesting idea. Just to make sure we're on the same page, when you mention "challenge questions" are you referring to security questions? Looking at the Vivaldi Sync in the Vivaldi Android browser, I can fill my test username and password as expected but I don't have an account. Are you prompted with a security question after signing in?

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member

Yes, I'm more generally thinking of security questions like, "What is your mother's maiden name?"

In the particular example of Vivaldi, after signing in I'm prompted for an encryption password. Vivaldi uses a regular username/password for authentication to their servers, but then you use a different password to locally encrypt data before sending it to their servers.

Very similar to 1Password's secret key, I guess, except you're prompted for it after the initial login, not at the same time as the initial login like as done at https://my.1password.com.

You can read more at https://help.vivaldi.com/desktop/tools/sync

• @nukmicah thanks for taking the time to share those additional details.

We have been thrilled to broaden the scope of Autofill in 1Password 8 and I'm really excited to see how this continues to develop. Inevitably there will be apps that block Autofill and fields that can't be recognized or filled. In those cases, I agree having a quick way to pull up and copy details from your items would be an advantage. I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password but I have shared your input with the team. Thanks again!

• keith.rollin
    keith.rollin
    Community Member

I just came to this board to request the same feature. ftb.ca.gov will always challenge me with one of my security questions. Since my answers to these questions are just gibberish generated by the 1Password password generator, I can't answer them off the top of my head. Instead, I need to start 1Password, find the entry, and copy/paste the gibberish. It would be great if 1Password could support fields dedicated to security questions/answers and then use them to fill in the responses when asked on the web site, either automatically by detecting the question and finding the corresponding answer or manually by letting me select the right answer. Thanks.

• Hi @keith.rollin thanks for sharing your interest!

1Password 8 apps do include security question sections. When creating or editing an item you can select add more > Security Questions. We have included suggested security questions but you can type anything into the question field then generate an answer.

With the 1Password extension on a PC, I can consistently fill my security questions on the sites I tested. This was not the case with 1Password for Android. I would be happy to share your interest in adding this to 1Password for Android with the team.

I understand that it's not exactly what you're looking for but you can use split screen mode to drag and drop your security answers. With 1Password 8 for Android you can also pin your security answers to home for even faster access. Thanks again!

• keith.rollin
    keith.rollin
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll check this out. (I should add that I’m on Mac and iPhone. I replied to an Android question just because that’s the one that showed up when I searched for this topic.)

• Hi @keith.rollin, you are very welcome! My colleagues on the iOS or 1Password in your Browser pages will be able to help with anything more hands on, but you're welcome to share your feedback here. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.