Serial numbers

Options
DaveRI
DaveRI
Community Member

HI, I'm a new user and am working through adding all my information to 1password. I can't figure out which category to use for serial numbers, eg for appliances and the like. Can I create a new category or should I use a "general" one... some advice would be greatly appreciated

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8
Extension Version: 8.7.0
OS Version: MacOS 12.4

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I use Secure Notes for things like this.

• DaveRI
    DaveRI
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Your hint lead me to learning how to use the custom fields. It works great!

• Thanks for the assist @hawkmoth.

@DaveRI, I agree that your best option would be to use a Secure Note in this case. You can add a custom text field for each appliance and keep everything in the same note.

Let us know if you need any more help here.

Alex

• baldyauldeejit
    baldyauldeejit
    Community Member
    Options

Having a specific category for this would be a better option – I often have to hunt for serial number, model and support URLs for computer hardware, printers, hi-fi, etc. There's a category for pretty much everything else besides this and 1Password is a very handy place to store this kind of information.

• Hi @baldyauldeejit - thanks for the feedback. We have an open feature request for this with our development team, and I have added a vote on your behalf. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve your experience!

ref: IDEA-I-374

This discussion has been closed.