[1P8] [Feature Request] Reset Password flow

Options
nukmicah
nukmicah
Community Member

Apparently my password no longer works for Acme Tools. No worries, I'll just reset it and make a new one. Except this is pretty clunky on the current Android 1Password 8 beta. 1P8 pops up suggesting to autofill the current password, which isn't ideal. I can click the 1P8 icon and click "New Login", but that's not right either since I want to update the existing login.

https://www.acmetools.com/passwordreset

Comments

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

Ideally there'd be an "update password" button in the keyboard strip and/or the pop-up screen.

• Hey @nukmicah, thanks for your continued feedback and support!

Personally, if I'm updating password on my Android phone, I like to use split screen mode. Using split screen mode allows me to drop in my existing credentials, open editing to generate a password, then drop the new password to the other app and save. No switching between apps or copying required. That being said, I think adding other options to update your credentials would be very beneficial. I've shared this feature request with the team. Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-1078

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @ag_timothy. I suspect split screen won't be as convenient on my smaller phone screen, but I'll have to try and see.

• You are very welcome @nukmicah! It took me a little while to get used to split screen mode. Once I did, I found myself using it quite regularly with 1Password and other apps. With that in mind, I can certainly understand that split screen mode may not be the most elegant solution on smaller devices.

This discussion has been closed.