1Password 7 is installed when upgrading to 1Password 8

Options
sangeth
sangeth
Community Member

Hi Support -

I've got a weird issue where when I install 1Password 8 on the Mac, after adding my account during onboarding, 1Password 7 is downloaded and installed. I was previously a 1Password 8 beta tester and had it installed alongside 1Password 7 while it was in beta, but now that v8 has been officially released I've removed both v7 and v8 and tried to install v8.

I've tried removing both apps and all the data associated with 1Password and Agilebits to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Rob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• sangeth
    sangeth
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to install 1Password 8 again from the installer today and it zipped up the v7 but after 5 minutes the app shutdown and there was only v7 there again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @sangeth! 👋

I recently had another user who reported a similar issue and the cause turned out to be software that his employer had installed on his Mac to force 1Password 7 to reinstall and stay installed. Are you using a personal Mac or a work Mac? If you're using a work Mac then can you check to see if your IT department might have set a policy that forces 1Password 7 to install itself on your Mac?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• sangeth
    sangeth
    Community Member
    Options

That's a very real possibility! I'll ask our administrators and find out and let you know.

• ag_tommy
    Options

We look forward to hearing from you sangeth.

• sangeth
    sangeth
    Community Member
    Options

Spot on with the diagnosis @Dave_1P - it did end up being a company policy that was installing v7.

Thanks again!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sangeth

I'm happy to hear that you were able to solve the mystery! 😊

This discussion has been closed.