Keyboard shortcut removed but it still triggers

Options
jeroen1234
jeroen1234
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Windows

I'm on Windows 10 and I removed the keyboard shortcuts for "Show 1Password" and for "Show Quick Access".
However, when I press Ctrl+Shift+Space I'm still greeted with the 1password logon splash screen. I consider that to be a bug.
After logging in, that doesn't happen anymore, nor does it after quitting. So this if I could try to be helpful in where this bug resides it's in the on-OS-startup code. It could be worth mentioning that in the mean time a PC reboot has occurred.

This keyboard shortcut is quite often reserved and used in IDEs in programming. This annoyingly forces me to log in 1password (after which they keyboard hook is unhooked) before I can fully use the IDE. I would understand that this would a low-priority bug, but I would appreciate a fix. Thank you.

EDIT: After a few minutes of having quit the app, thinking that that would unregister the keyboard hook, it is reregistered again... Meaning that I have to keep being logged into the 1password application to use my IDE.

EDIT2: Well, I had Ctrl+Shift+Space shortcut still for the "Fill in browser" option. After removing that the keyboard shortcut comes alive in other applications again. Ideally you would only swallow that keypress event if your hook actually handled the event, and otherwise let it propagate. So okay, this is a very minor bug, but a bug nonetheless.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @jeroen1234, thank you for letting us know about your experience with this (and the subsequent details from your "edit" entries as well). It's good to know that the shortcut conflict is resolved for you. I'll discuss this with some of our teammates here to see if there's anything we can do to improve this from our end. Again, we appreciate you sharing this with us!

This discussion has been closed.