Feature Request: One Time Password Countdown Timer visible when 1PW is not selected.

Options
gct3o
gct3o
Community Member

I was in a situation where I had to manually enter my credentials including a one-time password. So I had 1PW on the left of the screen and the window I was entering credentials into on the right. Because I was actively typing in the right hand window I could not see the countdown timer for the one-time password. If then click on the 1PW window I can see the timer.

Because this timer is most useful when a user is actively typing in another window I believe that the countdown timer should be viewable when 1PW is not "active"??

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Hi @gct30, thanks for this feedback.

The one-time password for a given item can also be accessed through the 1Password browser extension. Would that be helpful in this case?

Otherwise, Universal Autofill could also help in this situation. We have a quick guide to it here, and Universal Autofill is capable of filling one-time passwords automatically (so you wouldn't even have to, for example, drag a free-floating window over to the area of the screen where you're working). I'd love to know if this existing solution meets your needs, or if there's more we can do to improve.

• evliu
    evliu
    Community Member
    Options

I second this request as I think this was the functionality in a previous version. I am not filling in a webform, and need two OTPs one after another, but to see the countdown, I have to lose focus of my current field, then use the mouse to refocus on the input. It would be even better to see the countdown in the more actions > copy one time password area

This discussion has been closed.