edited May 2022 in Mac

Title self-explanatory.

This is for 1PW 8.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @JBB :

To use 1Password to fill in the password for the locked notes in the Notes app, I'd suggest using Quick Access. To learn more about Quick Access, please refer to our support guide here.

By default, the keyboard shortcut, shift - command - spacebar, should bring up Quick Access. Search for the Password item, and select Autofill. You should receive the following prompt:

Selecting Fill & Update Login will link the Notes app to the Password item that's saved in your 1Password vault. Afterwards, whenever you're prompted to enter your password to unlock a note, pressing the keyboard shortcut command - \ (by default) will fill in the password field.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Alvin

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member
    Options

Alvin – filling and update login will not fill in the login in apple notes.

• Thanks for letting me know @JBB. Can you locate your Password item for the Notes app - does it look similar to the following screenshot:

I look forward to your reply.

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member
    Options

@Alvin – Yes.

• Thanks for confirming @JBB . What happens if you press the keyboard shortcut, command - \?

Also, are you able to use Universal Autofill in other apps, or are you experiencing the same issue?

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing happens.

Yes, it works with other apps.

• hjo4711
    hjo4711
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Same happens for me when trying to login to steam in the steam app, so I add this issue here (if preferred, I can of course create a new thread ?):

shift - command - spacebar bring up Quick Access. Searching for the Password item, and selecting Autofill: nothing happens. command-c resp. command-shift-c and command-v works, but autofill does not fill in anything.

• Hey @JBB and @hjo4711 :

We'll need to take a closer look at how 1Password is currently set up. Can you send us a diagnostics report from your Mac?

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Alvin

• hjo4711
    hjo4711
    Community Member
    Options

Alvin, thank you. My support ID: [#GMV-33791-321].
    (I don't want to hijack this thread, so in case my setup is different to JBB's setup, please feel free to contact me directly via email or handle my case in another thread)

• ag_tommy
    Options

@hjo4711

Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: GMV-33791-321

• ag_tommy
    Options

@JBB

Same traffic. Appreciate the submission.

ref: TBP-85431-174

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to send a diagnostics report to support+mac@1password.com but never got a reply.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@JBB

Yeah looks like BitBot the 🤖 took a break and then missed you for some reason. My apologies, it is here. 😀 Your id number is TBP-85431-174

This discussion has been closed.