Unable to set the keyboard shortcut to Cmd+Opt+\

hevak
hevak
Community Member

Every time I try to restore this keyboard shortcut to what I used in 1Password 7, it fails in 8 and doesn't accept it.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @hevak

What language (layout) do you use for the keyboard. There have been a couple of issues reported with non US layout. Does this sound like something that may apply to you?

• hevak
    hevak
    Community Member

Nope, I’m using a US layout keyboard (Logitech MX Keys)

• mjclemente
    mjclemente
    Community Member

US layout here too, and Fill in Browser hasn't worked since updating to 8.

• Hi @hevak,

Do you know if the shortcut ⌘+⌥+\ is used by another program on your Mac? For example, this shortcut is the default shortcut for Universal Actions in Alfred. If you have multiple global shortcuts set to the same hotkeys, this could be the cause of your issue.

@mjclemente,

Can you tell me more about what you mean when you say Fill in Browser is not working?

• Where are you filling from (the app, browser, or Quick Access)?
    • What shortcut are you using?

Alex

• hevak
    hevak
    Community Member

No, it's definitely not, and I had 1Password7 set to use it before upgrading to 8. 8 simply won't accept the input when I try to set that shortcut.

• mjclemente
    mjclemente
    Community Member

I've just updated to 8.7.1 and issues with Autofill persist in all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). I've got the extension installed in the browsers, and I'm trying to log into accounts the same way I did with earlier versions of 1Password.

I'm using ⌘\ as the shortcut, but it does not open Autofill in the browser. Instead, it opens Quick Access (which has a different shortcut assigned, that works fine). With Quick access, if I select an item and hit enter, it doesn't do anything - just closes the Quick access window.

• Hi @mjclemente:

Using ⌘+\ triggers what we call Universal Autofill which uses the same dialog as Quick Access. If you're running into trouble here, we might need to take a closer look at the setup of your device. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

@hevak:

Are you still running into trouble configuring that shortcut? Let me know.

Jack

• mjclemente
    mjclemente
    Community Member

Thanks. I've submitted the diagnostics.

Here is my support ID:

[#BHZ-66738-525]

• Hi @mjclemente, thank you for sending those diagnostics our way! I can see that we have received the message, and we'll be with you as soon as we can.

This discussion has been closed.