macOS op CLI not returning token

GudlyfGudlyf Junior Member
Community Member
edited May 26 in CLI

When using the latest (v2.3.0) 1Password CLI on latest OS X (arm64, using biometric auth), and I run op --signin <vault> --raw, it returns nothing. Without the flag also returns nothing, however subsequent op commands (get item, etc.) work. However, I need the token for use with Terraform, etc.

I've also downgraded to v2.0.0 of the CLI and it all behaves the same.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Justin.Yoon_1PJustin.Yoon_1P

Team Member
    edited June 1

Hi there @Gudlyf

This is definitely a bug on our end. From my testing, I have been able to replicate that the --raw flag does not print the session token when used with biometric auth.

I've filed an issue to fix this.

I realize that this may be blocking your workflow for the immediate future, so here are some ways to have your Terraform be able to access 1Password secrets:

1. Temporarily disable the CLI biometric authentication option in the desktop application's developer settings and run the sign in command as such: op signin --force --raw --account ACCOUNT (note: you may have to add the account manually via op account add if it has not been set up before)
    2. Look into using 1Password Connect along with its Terraform operator

I hope these options can alleviate your issues for now. Thank you for reporting the bug!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file