1P8 - terrible experience and full of bugs

Options
Leszek
Leszek
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

Hey,
I've tried to use 1P8 for about 3-4 weeks and I am really tired and frustrated with all the annoyances and bugs.

This version is a beta version and should see production in the next year.

1. Very confusing upgrade - I was lost on installing the browser extensions. There was nothing that suggested this.
  2. Very often autofill does not work at all. I am redirected to a new page and nothing is auto-filled.
  3. New login creation within a browser is buggy, irritating, and blocks the whole page
  4. 1P icon within a text input very often does not work, clicking on it does nothing
  5. When you have 2+ accounts, very often one of them is locked and you don't get any question for a password to unlock it or the notification. You only get angry because you have no clue why some of the passwords are missing.
  6. Quick access is a joke - it's so "quick" that it's better to open the app to find things
  7. I have to spend 10 times more time on everything than in 1P7
  8. Changed keyboard shortcuts from 1P7. Previously with cmd+\ I was able to do everything.

I am very disappointed. This release is absolutely terrible. Fancy Electron UI with an app full of bugs and terrible experience that has nothing to do with a Mac app 😡

Many people told you this is a very bad release while on beta but basically you did nothing to change this. You blindly went toward releasing this poor application because the ultimate goal was to make one app that suits all the platforms at all costs.

I don't care about new features of app autofill, CLI, ssh, and so on because the main feature of the app is unusable!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member
    Options

I have to agree with you. It seems like the upgrade is full of bugs that need to be fixed, especially when used with a browser. I will open 1Password on my Mac. I then open a browser like Safari. When I go to a web site that needs a log-in and click on the 1Password icon in my browser, 1Password 8 indicates no login or password exists, even though it shows up in the app. If I close the browser and open it again, 1Password may or may not then show that in fact there IS a saved login and password. The experience is really, really frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.