1PW 8 crashes / moves away at Win10 SysTray when icon is clicked

Options
UMEF
UMEF
Community Member

Hi, I've updated to 1Password 8.6.7 at a Windows 11 PC and all works fine. However, on an other Win10 Laptop (Win10 Enterprise 21H2) after the update I can't start 1PW 8.x. It starts with Autostart but when I press Shift+Space nothing (visibly) happens, when I click on the icon in the SysTray the 1PW icon moves away. Afterwards, no 1PW service etc. is available in the task manager. I completely deinstalled 1PW, restarted the Laptop, installed new (8.7.x), restarted again but the same happens. Because 7.9.x never had this issue I deinstalled 8.x and re-installed 7.9.x. However, I like the new look and feel and hope you can help me. Thanks for your support.

1Password Version: 8.6.x and 8.7.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Enterprise 21H2
Referrer: forum-search:1password 8 crashes when clicked at sys tray icon

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @UMEF, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with 1Password 8.

In order to determine what may have gone wrong, I'll ask you for some logs from your system. These should help us track down the specific cause. Here's how you can get that information to us:

How to Send Us 1Password for Windows Logs

1. Look for the Windows search bar in the lower-left corner of your screen (where it says "type here to search")

2. Copy and paste this into the Windows search bar: %localappdata%\1Password\logs. Then hit Enter.

3. Select everything in this folder, and then right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

With that, you'll have a tidy little zip file containing all the logs you see.

Attach the zip file to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

Ali

• UMEF
    UMEF
    Community Member
    Options

Here's my Support ID: #EDP-69631-927
    As far as I can see a similar problem like somebody else here in the forum already reportet - I trust in 1Password Support to get it fixed :-)

• Hello @UMEF, thanks for the update here. I see we've been in touch via email. We will continue the conversation there once you've had a chance test and reply. In the meantime, have a great day!

ref: EDP-69631-927

• UMEF
    UMEF
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Support Team, just for your information: I followed the instructions you've sent by mail, installed the Nightly version but did not sign into the log in screen. It was installed and when I clicked either on the SysTray icon or pressed CTRL-Shift-Space the Log In screen appears - the icon did not move away anymore. So I hope in the next long term version it will be the same and I can completely move to the latest one on all my devices. Thanks in advance.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @UMEF, thanks for the update. We'll be sure to reach out to you as soon as this fix reaches the Production (stable) release. Thanks!

Ali

• UMEF
    UMEF
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @AliH1P , has the fix you mentioned already implemented into the lastest producition version (as far as I can see it's 8.8.0)? I just want ensure using the latest stable version to avoid maybe any security issues etc but don't want to get my former issue. Thanks for any feedback.

• Hey @UMEF, these changes are now available on the Production release. I apologize that we didn't notify you earlier. Let me know how things go or if you encounter any issues!

Ali

• UMEF
    UMEF
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @AliH1P , I returned to automatic installation, especially at the PC where it made problems before, and all seems to work fine with v8.8.0 now. Thanks.

• Thanks for the update, @UMEF. We're happy to hear all is working as expected now. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.