Single 1Password password no longer opens all accounts

Options
sublet0h
sublet0h
Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1Password 8 on my Mac and have noticed behavior that I don't recall happening on previous versions of 1Password. I currently run 1Password with two connected accounts: one family and one work.

On previous versions of 1Password, I was able to use a single password to unlock 1Password and give me access to both of my accounts (even though each account has a different primary password). In 1Password 8, it seems I can enter either account password and the app will unlock only the associated account... meaning I must manually go to the account selector and click on the still-locked account if I want access to entries in both accounts.

This is particularly frustrating when I'm trying to use the 1Password browser extension as only passwords for the "unlocked" account will appear and I must fully open the 1Password app in order to unlock the other account.

Now, I've only been using v8 for a week so it may well be that I'm missing something obvious here. I would appreciate any help if that is the case—otherwise, I'm happy to treat this as a feature request. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

This discussion has been closed.