Reveal password keyboard shortcut on 1Password lock screen

Community Member

Hello,
Native Windows apps (Login screen, MS Edge etc.) support keyboard shortcut Alt-F8 to reveal typed password. It would be really convenient if 1Password app would support this keyboard shortcut too 🥰.

Often I type password too quickly with some typing error and instead of using mouse to reveal what I typed I could use keyboard to same some precious time :-)

Would this be something to consider with future update, please?

Cheers
Vlad

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @615119, thanks for reaching out with this request!

The 1Password 8 app includes a keyboard shortcut to reveal concealed fields within the app itself. I'll include a link here so you can learn more about this shortcut and to enable it within 1Password 8.

Your request seems to be regarding the ability to reveal passwords typed in other apps, browsers, etc. Instead of typing your passwords, you can use 1Password to Open and Fill or 1Password in the browser to Autofill your credentials.

If you are using an app where it's not possible to fill from 1Password, you can copy and paste or drag and drop from the 1Password app Quick Access without the need to type in your credentials.

I hope these details help, but if I'm not fully understanding your request, can you provide some details or an example regarding the process you are currently using so we can better assist. Have a great day!

Community Member

Hello @ag_mike_d,
    yes, I am aware of that, but that keyboard shortcut works only when logged in to the app, I meant the initial password input field when app is locked:

On this screen the reveal shortcut (by def Ctrl-R) unfortunately does not work.

• Hello again, @615119! Thanks for your clarification here. I apologize for my misunderstanding.

You are correct that the shortcut I mentioned only works within the app when unlocked. While I can't make any promises about when or if we can add a feature to use a keyboard short to reveal your account password on the unlock screen, I'll have this request filed with the appropriate teams so they understand this is something you would like to see implemented in 1Password.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

ref: IDEA-I-1082

This discussion has been closed.