Feature request: option to copy 2FA token to clipboard when using Universal Autofill

Options
ahtcx
ahtcx
Community Member

Hi, loving 1Password 8 so far. One thing I've been missing though is the ability to use 2FA tokens when using Universal Autofill. I know on the Android app it would copy the 2FA token to the clipboard which I could quickly and easily paste it in. Would it be possible to get this on the desktop app?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ahtcx :

You can copy the one-time password when you're using Quick Access (default keyboard shortcut: shift - command - spacebar). Here's a screenshot of the keyboard shortcut to copy the one-time password:

Alvin

• ahtcx
    ahtcx
    Community Member
    Options

@Alvin.L_1P

Thanks, I am aware of this shortcut, I find it a bit convoluted though, with automatic OTP token copying it would reduce the amount of shortcuts needed:

Current flow to log in to my work VPN:
    Ctrl+\ : Fills email and password with Universal Autofill and presses enter which advances to OTP screen
    Shift+Cmd+Space : Opens Quick Access (which is automatically highlighting correct login due to the current window)
    Cmd+Option+C : Copies the OTP token
    Cmd+V : Pastes the OTP token into the OTP screen
    Enter : Logs in

Potential flow to log in to my work VPN with automatic OTP copying:
    Ctrl+\ : Fills email and password with Universal Autofill and presses enter which advances to OTP screen
    Cmd+V : Pastes the OTP token into the OTP screen
    Enter : Logs in

Especially it means only one shortcut needs to be memorised (instead of three).

Thanks,
    Alex

• Alvin.L_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thanks for the reply @ahtcx ! I apologize for my previous reply as I had misunderstood the inquiry. I definitely agree that it would be much more convenient if the one-time password field is automatically copied to the clipboard when using Universal Autofill. I've submitted a feature request in our internal tracker on your behalf.

Thanks for taking the time to request this feature. 😊

ref: IDEA-I-913

• nixta
    nixta
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't realize that Universal AutoFill is now clever enough to link to an app! This is tremendous.

I don't know if this would be possible, but could it just be two-pressed of ⌘-\? Can 1Password know enough about the autofill fields to tell whether my VPN login is currently asking for a Password or an OTP Token?

• nixta
    nixta
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies. It looks like now that I've set up Universal Autofill properly, this already works! 1Password fills in the password, presses enter, fills in the OTP, and presses enter. It's magical! Thank you!!!

• Hey @nixta:

Glad to hear you think Universal Autofill is magical. So do we! 😁

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.