request: do not auto select title when entering edit mode

Options
novaphoenix
novaphoenix
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

When entering edit mode, 1Password immediately selects the title field, which on macOS, immediately activates secure input mode.

With certain devices (eg Logitech mice using Logitech Options) this prevents basic scrolling, which is quite annoying as often the title is not the area needing the edit.

This also leads to confusion as to the cause of "why is my mouse misbehaving" why am I getting secure input warnings on irrelevant applications etc, since secure input is (annoyingly) a global setting, so a single application can prevent a lot of basic activities etc without ever knowing the cause.

Similarly, I have noticed times that 1Password 8 has enabled secure input mode, and keeps its enabled even when the main app is closed (which interferes with other applications such as Textexpander and Fig (for iterm)) ... confirmed in macOS by running ioreg -l -w 0 | grep SecureInput. I'd really appreciate this being looked into and finding a way to prevent this.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @novaphoenix, thank you for this considered feedback. I can see why this would present an issue for you.

We are looking to make changes in how Secure Input is handled, and have already implemented a preliminary version of this in the recent Betas, if you're interested to give that a try. I'd love to know if that improves your experience - and no matter what, we appreciate you letting us know these details so that we can best address it. Thank you! 🙌

• novaphoenix
    novaphoenix
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @PeterG_1P, thanks so much for this, I'm delighted to confirm the new Beta fixes this issue for me and Secure Input is no longer triggered immediately when in edit mode or when non concealed fields are focused. Great update!

• Hi @novaphoenix, thanks for this reply - and fantastic! It's great to know that this has fixed the issue for you. A most gratifying outcome. Thanks for letting us know, and we'll be here should you encounter anything further that you'd like us to address. Best regards from our team 😄

This discussion has been closed.