Feature Restore: Double-click a Login to Open and Fill a Website

Options
djlstewart
djlstewart
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

Prior to upgrading to version 8 this week, I was able to double-click on a login and it would open the site in Safari and populate the username/password fields. Now after the upgrade, when I double-click a login, it just brings up a window with the login information. I do not see a setting to go back to the original behavior and am surprised this would be changed without the option to revert. Am I missing something?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• dougmeyer
    dougmeyer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please restore this function!!

There is profoundly LESS utility in having the item open in a separate window on double-click rather than "open/fill". Both should have a key-stroke option, but to have a control-click contextual menu operation as the only way to open/fill tells me that those who are making "improvements" to upgraded versions don't actually use the software.

• Hi @djlstewart and @dougmeyer 👋🏻

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this. We have an open feature request to bring this behaviour to 1Password 8 so I've added votes on behalf of each of you. In the meantime, you can open and fill items from 1Password 8 for Mac by using the Shift + + F keyboard shortcut once an item is selected or by clicking the website field of an item:

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-621

This discussion has been closed.