Can't log in to a writers website

Options
HelenBubz
HelenBubz
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

I don't know whether this problem is 1pw8 or if it happens on 7 as well [not tried to log on for absolutely ages] but went to the scribophile.com site just to see I'd got any comments only to find that 1pw8 wouldn't work.

I clicked into the user name box but despite the site being in my login list I didn't get the familiar 1Password icon. I changed the password to check it wasn't something password-related. Still nothing from 1pw so I typed everything in manually. That worked so I logged out and returned to the front page. No icon.

I am stumped as to do next.

(edit) I'm pretty sure it wasn't 1pw7 as I wouldn't have had such a complex password if I had to remember it!

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@HelenBubz

Does your login have a URL saved to it? The URL saved in my test login is https://www.scribophile.com/dashboard/login I was able to fill with no trouble on a newly created login. Please let me know what you find.

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

yes it does have the url as my password, but I can't decide if it sometimes works in both versions of 1Pwd or one or the other. I'm unable to actually login unless I manually type the info in - even if I have the 1pwd icon sitting in the username/email address, as below.

I've been able to stop 1pwd 7 from showing up on the menu bar but I'm none too convinced that 1pwd 7 isn't lurking in the background as the old UI has gone. Can I uninstall 7 without adversely affecting 8 and see if that does anything?

-- Removed screenshot for your privacy ~ag_tommy

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I happened to be looking at my monitor as my Mini opened and spotted 1Pwd 7 opening so I shut down and sure enough it did it again. Have I stumbled over a bug?I think I'm going to uninstall 1Pwd 7 and check Scribophile again.

No luck @ag_tommy

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    Options

Now I can't log into my bank @ag_tommy. I use Internet banking by preference, but as I am 'timed out' on my tablet I can't use that. I'm going back to 1pwd 7 for a while. Fed up of an app that doesn't know what it is doing!

• Hi @HelenBubz:

It seems like some of the trouble you were running into might have been from having both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 installed at the same time.

If you're still having trouble with 1Password 7 or 1Password 8, let us know, and we'll be happy to dig into it further.

Jack

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled 1Pwd 7 before I installed 8 and then 8 before returning to 7, @Jack.P_1P - I'd asked before installing 8. They are both sitting in Applications but the item in the Dock is currently is 1Password 7. Hope you can get to the bottom of this.

• Hi @HelenBubz,

The icons in your Dock on macOS are sort of like shortcuts to the application in question. If you still have both 1Password 7 and 8 in your Applications folder, they both are still installed on your computer. I'd recommend removing 1Password 7 as a first step. You can do so by following the steps below:

• Note: removing the 1Password 7 app will not affect any of the data inside the application itself.
    1. Open 1Password 7 and click "1Password 7" in the menubar, at the very top of your screen (next to the Apple logo)
    2. Select "Quit 1Password Completely".
      • Or you can do so by pressing the ⌃,⌥,⌘, and Q (Control-Option-Command-Q) keys at the same time.
    3. Open the Applications folder, you'll see 1Password7.app and 1Password.app
    4. Drag 1Password7.app to Trash.
    5. Empty Trash.
    6. Restart your Mac.

Let us know if that improves your state of play. If not, I'd encourage you to reach out to 1Password Support over email (at support+forum@1Password.com) so we can have a closer look.

Alex

This discussion has been closed.