Is it just me struggling with the password generator process on a Mac?

Options
rjgrobbe
rjgrobbe
Community Member

Probably I do something wrong. Having 1Password 8.7.0 on a Mac and 2.3.3 as Safari extension.
It is not working as in your tutorial. I have a conflict f.e. during registering on this community.
Suggested password comes from Safari and is not stored within 1Password.
On signing in I get an entry out of 1Password, which is obviously not the correct one. Then I have to dig in Safari to find the latest password there and copy this to my 1Password entry. Which is rather cumbersome.

I really would prefer the generate password button from 1Password during the registering process.

How to avoid this?

best regards
Robert Grobbe

Comments

• Hi @rjgrobbe:

It sounds like you may still be having Safari generate and save passwords, does that sound accurate? The password generator for 1Password in Safari should be displaying inline on a password field, like so:

Let me know if that's what you're seeing, and we can go from there!

Jack

• rjgrobbe
    rjgrobbe
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Jack, yes you are right. I get another strong password suggestion directly from Safari. How can I switch this off?
    So I do not receive the above 1Password suggestion.

Any advice?
    Best regards
    Robert

• Hey @rjgrobbe :

Here's a link to our support guide on how to turn off Safari's built in password manager: Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser.

If you're receiving the suggestion from 1Password, you can turn it off with the following steps:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon located in the Safari's toolbar, and select Settings.
    2. Turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.