Can you please reinstate my account?

Options
auswheat
auswheat
Community Member

Hi Support Team,

I reformatted my iPhone last night and it had an OTP authenticator app on it which was linked to my 1password app on my Mac and I am now locked out of my account and can no longer access my passwords. It took me quite some time to realise what was even the problem and then I had to remember which authenticator app I was using. After I finally figured all this out I was convinced that it should all work again... I reasoned that if I update the app with my 1password credentials including my secret key it should be fine but as you can guess that didn't work either. I have spent countless hours trying to retrieve it as I urgently need it. It contains everything I own. I can't purchase stock, login to accounts, contact customers or process orders.  Please Please Please can you help me recover this account right away. 

Kind regards
David Vella

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: 7.9.5 safari
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    Options

I think your best bet is to send an email to support, because they're not going to help you through this in a public forum. I know they have a process in place for handling lost 2FA tokens, but again, send an email directly to support to get the ball rolling.

• Hi @auswheat,

Thanks for reaching out, and I am sorry to hear you ran into some trouble after you reformatted your computer. I can see you have already sent an email to 1Password Support. Since you're already in contact with us via email, continuing the conversation there would be your best bet.

Keep an eye out for our response!

Cheers,

Alex

ref: YAJ-44894-425

• auswheat
    auswheat
    Community Member
    Options

I am mate. I’m staying up late hoping to get this resolved before work in the morning. Thanks

David

• Thank you @auswheat. We'll continue to follow up with you there if the issue isn't yet resolved.

• auswheat
    auswheat
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks

This discussion has been closed.