OTP in macOS App Behavior?

Options
jjohnston
jjohnston
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

Here's the scenario: I have a macOS Catalyst App - it's an internal tool for my company (so not publicly available in any way). I'm very happy to report that 1Password 8's username and password autofill behavior works splendidly on the application.

However, 1Password doesn't seem to have a way to autofill the One-Time Passcode prompt that appears after the login. I can, of course, manually go copy the OTP to my clipboard and paste it into the app - but that feels clunky compared to how everything else works. So I have a few questions:

1.) Is there anything in the works that should generally make this work better for more apps? The OTP field in the app is a UITextField with the type set to One-Time Code.
2.) Is there anything I, as a developer, can do to make my OTP UITextField play more-nicely with 1Password?

I mention that it's a private app because you've mentioned in other threads that you have an internal list of apps that you're attempting to make work better with OTP. This, obviously, wouldn't be in that list.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Hey @jjohnston:

Great question. If you have Xcode on your Mac, and you're willing to take a few screenshots, we can take a closer look and see what can be done to improve the state of play here.

If you have Xcode installed, you'll have the app Accessibility Inspector available on your device. Open it, and click the crosshair icon to begin identifying fields. Click your one-time password field in the app, and then take a few screenshots. We're looking to see the details in the Basic section, Advanced section, as well as the **Hierarchy **tree available if you scroll down. You can either post them here, or if you'd prefer to protect your apps privacy, include them in an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Include a link to this thread, and your username jjohnston. You'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.