Suggestions website matching broken

Options
Dzhaguu
Dzhaguu
Community Member

Hi
It feels like the website/path matching is broken in 1password 8.
I have multiple work-related Entrys that belong to different subdomains of the same top-level domain. the associated entrys with websites look like:

When i am on the page https://auth.service.samples.com/realm/foo/... and press the "fill in browser" shortcut
i would think that only the Entry C is suggested for autofill since its the only one that matches the host (respecting the subdomains)
but all three entries are shown (with sadly the matching entry in last place which means i have to select it and cannot just confirm).

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: -
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Hi @Dzhaguu:

Thanks for your feedback on this. As it currently stands, 1Password only matches on the second level domain (i.e. sample.com in your example). While I can't promise anything, this is something we've heard frequently, so I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-57

• jimgreatvines
    jimgreatvines
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P did this change with version 8 of the app? It seems like we were sorting the exact matches before the broad matches in the earlier version. It has become MUCH more difficult to use the app since this change.

• Hi @jimgreatvines:

It somewhat did. 1Password in the browser (the current extension) matches differently than the classic extension. It was possible to use the classic extension or 1Password in the browser with 1Password 7, but 1Password 8 is only compatible with 1Password in the browser.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.