Upgrade from standalone licenses to a family one

rajsaxenarajsaxena
Community Member

Hi,

First, thank you for building a great product over so many years.

My wife & I hold individual 1Password 7 standalone licenses.

Recently, I have started seeing a message on the app nudging me to upgrade that says

Upgrade to an individual 1Password membership and we'll give you 50% off for 3 years.

I have been a 1Password standalone user for a long time but after reading the discussions from both sides (https://1password.community/discussion/122755/looking-to-buy-a-1password-7-standalone-non-subscription-licence-ugprade) & considering the nudge to trade-in the license, we are both ready to trade-in our licenses if we can get 50% off on a family plan for 3 years.
I tried to do the upgrade using the app but I didn't see an option to upgrade to a family plan. On the web, I see an option to change to family, but don't have a way to put the discount code that I see on the app.
Can you help us with trading our 2 standalone licenses for a family plan?

I could have posted this as an email but posting it publicly in case it is helpful for others in a similar situation as well.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade from standalone to family

Comments

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Hello @rajsaxena! 👋

I'm happy to hear that you're planning to upgrade to a 1Password Families membership! I recommend that you email our dedicated migration team since they'll have access to your license/billing information and are in the best position to assist with the migration. You can email them at [email protected].

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to our migration team so that they can offer you a discounted membership. 😊

• rajsaxenarajsaxena
    Community Member

Hey Dave, thanks for the response.
    I sent an email as per your instruction & got a reply containing the link to register with a 50% discount on the family plan as I wanted.
    We can mark this question as answered/solved.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the update, @rajsaxena!

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file