To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade from standalone licenses to a family one

rajsaxena
rajsaxena
Community Member

Hi,

First, thank you for building a great product over so many years.

My wife & I hold individual 1Password 7 standalone licenses.

Recently, I have started seeing a message on the app nudging me to upgrade that says

Upgrade to an individual 1Password membership and we'll give you 50% off for 3 years.

I have been a 1Password standalone user for a long time but after reading the discussions from both sides (https://1password.community/discussion/122755/looking-to-buy-a-1password-7-standalone-non-subscription-licence-ugprade) & considering the nudge to trade-in the license, we are both ready to trade-in our licenses if we can get 50% off on a family plan for 3 years.
I tried to do the upgrade using the app but I didn't see an option to upgrade to a family plan. On the web, I see an option to change to family, but don't have a way to put the discount code that I see on the app.
Can you help us with trading our 2 standalone licenses for a family plan?

I could have posted this as an email but posting it publicly in case it is helpful for others in a similar situation as well.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade from standalone to family

Comments

• Hello @rajsaxena! 👋

I'm happy to hear that you're planning to upgrade to a 1Password Families membership! I recommend that you email our dedicated migration team since they'll have access to your license/billing information and are in the best position to assist with the migration. You can email them at support+tradein@1password.com.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to our migration team so that they can offer you a discounted membership. 😊

• rajsaxena
    rajsaxena
    Community Member

Hey Dave, thanks for the response.
    I sent an email as per your instruction & got a reply containing the link to register with a 50% discount on the family plan as I wanted.
    We can mark this question as answered/solved.

• Thanks for the update, @rajsaxena!

Ben

• lucien144
    lucien144
    Community Member

Hello,
    I have the same request - I've been with you since 1Password 3 and now I want to move my 2 standalone licences (me and my wife) to Family (and add all our 3 kids there) - any chance to help me with that, please? Support ID: #FLK-85723-184

Thanks!

• Hey @lucien144:

I was able to locate your message to us and confirm it's in the right place. One of my colleagues from our migration team will be with you shortly. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: FLK-85723-184

• lukasberan
    lukasberan
    Community Member

Hi. I have the individual plan and would like to upgrade to the family plan. Is the 3year 50% discount still available, please? Thank you!

• Hi @lukasberan

If you can send us an email to support+tradein@1password.com, attaching a copy of your license (if you can find it), we'll be happy to see what we can do for you. :)

• jer-78
    jer-78
    Community Member

I’m considering finally upgrading too. But I’m not sure if I need to get the family. I would like to have multiple devices including Macs, PCs and mobile to sync but currently my vault has mixed logins between my wife and I. I don’t need to separate them as we both often access each others passwords as required. So will the individual plan be sufficient for us?

• Hello @jer-78 you could make do with an Individual plan, though there are some additional benefits to the Family membership you might want to consider, for example:

If you'd like to write in to us at support+tradein@1password.com we can offer you a very attractive license trade-in discount on either an Individual or Family Plan.

• mosesparadise
    mosesparadise
    Community Member

I have the same request of upgrading to family plan. Here's the support id: #HDR-65688-246

• @mosesparadise – We've received your email, and BitBot has sent an auto-reply. Check to see that you've received it and we can continue by email from there. :)

• mosesparadise
    mosesparadise
    Community Member

Yes, I received an auto-response from BitBot, but no upgrade instruction was provided. I'm still awaiting a human response.

• digit
    digit
    Community Member

Hi @Catherine_F1P, can I ask what is this "very attractive offer" and is it competitive compared to other services? Can you offer more than a one-time $15 discount?

• We will make the offer on an individual basis and recommend writing in to us from the email address attached to any possible license to find out what we can offer you. Write in to us at support+tradein@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.