Autofill not filling correct password value for selected item

Options
bergdesign
bergdesign
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

For at least one of my vault items, autofill is not filling the correct password data during a login. Is there a way to troubleshoot and see the value that is being submitted in order to diagnose what 1P is doing wrong?

I have a login for a network server that presents two login pages, the first requesting the user name and the second requesting the password. 1P correctly fills the user name and automatically submits, but when the password is filled and 1P submits the page, the password is rejected. The login page URL in the 1P vault item is an explicit IP address with a port number, so I can't imagine how 1P could misidentify the server and use data from another 1P vault entry. After the autofill fails, I have to copy and paste the password value from 1P and manually submit, which works fine.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 8.7.0
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:autofill not filling correct values for selected item

Comments

• bergdesign
    bergdesign
    Community Member
    Options

Updated to 8.7.1 and it has the same behavior.

Turns out, my selected choice in 1P's pop-up dialog is an older item from a vault of imported Safari passwords and not my latest entry from my primary vault which shows up lower in the list of choices. It appears that 1P v7 was either 1) only offering matches from my primary vault, or 2) prioritizing the results so that the primary vault items were at the top of the list? Either way, I never seem to have run into this with v7 but v8 behaves differently.

I used to designate a primary vault plus I kept a couple of other vaults to archive old items, but version 8 uses collections and a single "Archive" in the sidebar, so I guess I just need to learn some new tricks for v8 :/

• Hi @bergdesign:

If you'd like to keep a few separate vaults around to archive your items, you can use Collections to create a collection containing just your regular vault and use that in Quick Access. Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

After creating your collection, click the 1Password logo in Quick Access to pick a different collection. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.