Update 8.7.1 Disappointing

Options
Wonder828
Wonder828
Community Member

I've been waiting for an update to fix the most annoying (there are many) defects of version 8. Opening 1PW opens up to any ole place - not where you last left off - meaning if you had the contents of a tag group highlighted when you left as your preferred starting point too bad for you it opens up any ole place - always different. Next, double click on a PW item ... and instead of racing off to that login site it still opens a meaningless submenu. Hunt and peak for the highlight to open and fill. I miss version 7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• notnotjake
    notnotjake
    Community Member
    Options

Pretty easy to revert. I do agree that they should be fixing issues quicker though.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Wonder828! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I can confirm that I can reproduce the tag issue here on my end as well. If you select something that isn't a tag (such as a Category or a specific vault) then 1Password 8 should remember your selection the next time that you open the app. The issue seems limited to tag selection. I've added your report of the issue to an internal work item that is already open for our developers to investigate.

Next, double click on a PW item ... and instead of racing off to that login site it still opens a meaningless submenu. Hunt and peak for the highlight to open and fill.

At the moment, double-clicking on an item to Open & Fill isn't available in 1Password 8. That being said, we do have an open work item to investigate adding the feature and I've added your comments there so that our developers are aware that this is something that you'd like to see.

Thank you for your feedback! ๐Ÿ˜Š

ref: dev/core/core#15327

ref: dev/core/core#10046

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Wonder828

Thank you again for reporting the issues and for taking the time to provide feedback. I hope that you have a great day as well. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hi @Wonder828,

Thanks for following up. While I don't have any updates to share about the reported behaviours, I do appreciate you sharing more about your use case and would like to suggest a workaround in the meantime. You can directly open and fill websites from Quick Access, bypassing the 1Password app altogether.

To invoke Quick Access, you can set your menu bar icon to open it when clicked, or use the CMD+SHIFT+SPACE keyboard shortcut (customizable if you prefer something else):

You can then search for the item you need and press RETURN on your keyboard to open it in a browser. Here's an example of how this might look:

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

• nicolasdi
    nicolasdi
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on version 7. it was a much much better experience for me on the Mac.

it feels like i'm fighting 1P version 8 every step of the way. it never knows what i want. it's like a million little paper cuts.

This discussion has been closed.