Duplicate Entries Upon Importing 7 to 8, and Weeks of Tech support Resulting in Nothing but a Charge

Options
IAmPissed
IAmPissed
Community Member

I'm at my wit's end here. Upon "upgrading" from 7 to 8 I have experienced the following:

1. The import took hours and never completed. After several forced Quits and trying again I eventually got it and ended up with duplicate entries on many, but not all items. Then because email tech supports takes over a week per reply I tried to fix it and ended up with triple entries for the same entries. Please don't blame me for trying multiple times. If your app imported correctly, this wouldn't be a problem. I went back to 7 but the duplicates are still there. No, Selecting the vault and then doing Help/Tools/ Clean Up Duplicate Items didn't work.

2. I've been too scared to mess with it so I can't use it or back up my Mac for weeks now!

3. We are now on week 3 or 4 and it is still a mess, Catherine's suggestions don't work, and now I was billed for a years subscription and all that has happened is that Agile Bits has screwed up all of my data! I'm not blaming Catherine, she is clearly overwhelmed at all of the other people who have had a terrible importation experience.

4 I just despise the forced subscription but went along with it because this app has been excellent since I first used it (version 2 or 3).

1. Either fix my database and get me set up correctly on 8, or refund my money please. I'm soooooo tired of this!

Thank you,

Jim

1Password Version: 7 and 8
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• IAmPissed
    IAmPissed
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps I should be asking this:

1. How can I delete this screwed up "Private" Vault?
    2. How then can I use the Vault in the iCloud and get its data back on my Mac?
This discussion has been closed.