How to access "1Password Account Export" backups from 1Password?

Options
krumeich
krumeich
Community Member

It seems that I have lost a password that I'm sure I'd stored in 1Password ages ago. Fortunately, I there's a ton of "1Password Account Export" files going back to 2018 on my hard drive. Maybe the lost item is somewhere in there.

Question: How do I access the data in these exports? I have both version 8 and 7.9.5 on my Mac.

In other posts I've read about a menu bar option File -> Restore…, but I don't have that option. Nor is there a suitable item in the File -> Import dialog box.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @krumeich! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to find an item. The "AccountExports" files are offline, local backups of 1Password membership data for a local backup feature that isn't finished yet. At the moment, there's no way to restore the files found in the AccountExports folder.

1Password will not delete any of your items unless you've chosen to delete them. If you're unable to find a saved item can you please see if you can find the missing information in a previous version of an item, in the Archive, or in Recently Deleted: View and restore previous versions of items

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.