1password wont open on my machine - Opens briefly and closes after

Options
tur8re
tur8re
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Windows

Im currently in the issue that my 1password client wont open. As the title details I am experiencing an issue where the application wont open. When I start the app I see it briefly pop up only to close down shortly after. The task bar is also briefly showing 1password starting, but is disappearing shortly after the window does. Looking through task manager I can confirm that 1password isnt running in the background

However the interesting details seem to be within the windows event log entry, detailing the following:
Name of faulty program: 1Password.exe, version: 8.7.0.44447, timestamp: 0x624c94c1
Name of faulty module: index.node, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x62674f09
Exception: 0xc0000409
Error: 0x0000000001f02bd6
Proces-id 0xea0
Program start time 0x01d87b0062fdbd35
Directory: C:\Users\tur8re\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\1Password.exe
Directory of module: \?\C:\Users\tur8re\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\resources\app.asar.unpacked\index.node
Report-id: 3dba0d57-a1e8-47b7-9d80-ae8f868c0a1c

1Password Version: 8.7.0.44447
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Referrer: forum-search:Cant open app

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @tur8re, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering an issue with opening 1Password for Windows.

In order to determine what may have gone wrong, I'll ask you for some logs from your system. These should help us track down the specific cause. Here's how you can get that information to us:

How to Send Us 1Password for Windows Logs

1. Look for the Windows search bar in the lower-left corner of your screen (where it says "type here to search")

2. Copy and paste this into the Windows search bar: %localappdata%\1Password\logs. Then hit Enter.

3. Select everything in this folder, and then right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

Attach the zip file to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• tur8re
    tur8re
    Community Member
    Options

FKC-43425-934

Is this what you need?
    It seems I got a response from a human rather than a bot, so I'm unsure how this troubleshooting will proceed onward

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @tur8re! Thanks for providing your Support ID number - we'll continue the conversation over there 😄
    ref: FKC-43425-934

• tur8re
    tur8re
    Community Member
    Options

In case anyone else should stumble upon this thread, it was a bug with 8.7.0 and updating to 8.7.1 fixed the issue, as suggested by the kind support team.

• Great to hear this is now resolved for you, @tur8re. And thank you for posting a follow-up here! 🙌

This discussion has been closed.