1PW8 won't unlock after loading

Options
PhyberOptik
PhyberOptik
Community Member

I have sent this question to Support but maybe somebody here can answer me a bit quicker. I updated 1PW7 (7.9.5) to 1PW8 (8.7.1) on my new M1 MacBook Pro. I was told by Support to just delete the old app only (do not use AppCleaner or similar) and just download 1PW8. But after doing so, every time the MBP loads and appears in the Menu Bar, 1PW8 won't unlock. I have to unlock it manually and even after that, 1PW8 doesn't open automatically for login info on any of my previously stored sites (banking for example). Should I just totally delete 1PW8 and then reinstall as a brand new installation? I can access my vault via the website so I would imagine that my data won't get lost if I delete completely and then do a complete new reinstall.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: MacOS 12.4

Comments

• Hello @PhyberOptik, thanks for letting us know of this issue you've encountered.

I've checked through our system and see that you've been contacted by our team over email, so I'll let the conversation continue over there so that we can keep the replies all in one place and make sure we're not accidentally talking past each other.

Thanks, and best regards from our team 👋

ref: GRX-49427-538

This discussion has been closed.