Select which vault shoud be shown on desktop app and browser suggestions

thuanpq
thuanpq
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Dear 1Pwd team,

I'm writing this question as a user story. The reason why I use 1Pwd is for centralizing management of my confidential data and yes 'my accounts'. But everyone got their own life with different stuffs and different jobs. Sometime, I have to share my screen with specific audiences who are my clients in different business domain, and then they see suggestions from my other businesses on my screen even they have no ideas about it. It's not bug from the view of software development and security agreements, but I can feel what they think... "Who the hell you are?", "Why you work with them?.... yeah they don't see any passwords but the brandnames are enough for them to have doubt on me.

I suggest to have a new feature on web version to restrict what should be shown on 1pwd app and which vault should be marked as suggestible on browser as passwords are not the only thing which is the credential to my life, items' name and its vault's name are also my credentials.

Sincere.
Your client

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @thuanpq,

Thanks for your honest and valuable feedback. I totally understand your situation and concerns.

Happily, I'd say 1Password in the browser already has the ability to allow you to choose what suggestions you want to see / other people see.

First, let's create some new vaults and distribute your saved items accordingly there. For example, you can create a "Forbidden" vault and put all the saved items you don't want to show other people there. Here's the guide on how to Create and share vaults.

Next, we can choose which vault to be activated when you are using 1Password in the browser. Here are the steps:

1. Open up your browser and unlock 1Password.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar area.
    3. Click the Accounts & Vaults section on the left panel.
    4. Enable the accounts and vaults according to your preferences.

After the steps above, 1Password won't suggest any items from the disabled vaults.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

This discussion has been closed.