1Password for Safari just disappeared

Options
johnnynoble
johnnynoble
Community Member

That's it. It's disappeared. No button in the toolbar, no evidence of it in Prefs > Extensions. Nada. Gone. Poof! πŸ’¨

I've uninstalled the '1Password for Safari' app and re-installed from the App Store. No change. I've rebooted.

I'll say that I'm generally a fan of v8 but hooooooooboy does it have some annoying bugs. It is not ready for prime-time. I mean even the About box, which I just checked to log this issue, has a bug. It says I'm on the beta channel, which I was at one time. I switched back to production some time ago. Or did I?...

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800126)
Extension Version: 2.3.5 (20213)
OS Version: macOS 12.4 (21F79)

Comments

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

Update: it works in another user account on the same machine. So presumably some sort of issue with the extension on this account.

Any idea how I got about cleaning it and starting again?

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello @johnnynoble! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password for Safari has gone missing on your Mac. Can you please try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8.
    2. In the menubar click Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension

I hope that helps. πŸ™‚

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah that did at least fix it, and now I know that menu option is there. Thanks all.

• Thank you @johnnynoble. We're glad that this solution fixed the issue for you and will continue to work to improve this area.

• ChuckMintz
    ChuckMintz
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem. After you click on that, you have to go to Safari preferences to enable the extension but it is there and works. Thanks. Weird but fixed.

• I'm glad it helped you find a resolution.

This discussion has been closed.