Firefox Plugin to Desktop App connection/auto unlock not working

Options

I just update from 1Password 7 to 8.
Desktop and browser app are working without problem, but the connection/integration is not working.
I have to unlock and lock the apps independently.

Already tried reinstalling both apps and the respective settings are set correct in both apps.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @Kh0rn:

There is an issue with our signing certificate that is affecting 1Password 7 and 8 for Windows, resulting in some customers having trouble with updating or installing 1Password as well as the browser integration. We're working on getting this resolved, and appreciate your patience. In the meantime, please know that this is not a security issue and 1Password is safe to use.

If you're having trouble with 1Password, the best workaround is to use 1Password in your browser without integrating with 1Password for Windows: right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choose Settings, and turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15802

• keeftm
    keeftm
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, is there a fix scheduled for this? Thanks

• jwildstr
    jwildstr
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update here? This is a major step backwards....I'm back to needing to constantly lock and unlock my 1Password vaults since there's no way to have both unlocked at the same time.

• Hi @keeftm / @jwildstr:

I completely understand the frustration. This is our top priority and we're actively working on getting this resolved.

Jack

• tduerlund
    tduerlund
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have any estimate on when this could be resolved?

• Hi @keeftm / @jwildstr / @tduerlund:

We've released new builds of 1Password 8 on all three of the release channels using our new signing certificate that resolves the issue. Below is the version number you'll need to see to ensure that the version you're on is using our new certificate.

Production: 8.7.2-2 or later
    Beta: 8.8.0-141 or later
    Nightly: 8.8.0.140 or later

After updating to the newest version of 1Password 8, you can re-enable the integration between the desktop app and 1Password in your browser. Thanks for your patience on this!

Jack

• tduerlund
    tduerlund
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Thanks for the quick solution. It's installed and works as expected. Thanks!

• jwildstr
    jwildstr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Things look good here (After jumping through hoops to upgrade; it doesn't like updating if firefox is open, it seems)

• keeftm
    keeftm
    Community Member
    Options

Works for me! Thanks!

• Great to hear that it's working as expected for all of you. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.