Desktop application and browser extension login sync

Options
mbaker
mbaker
Community Member

I have both the desktop app and the Chrome browser extension installed. I like the desktop app because the keyboard shortcuts make it easier to copy/paste passwords for all the different applications I login to for work, while the browser extension makes logging into various web portals easy with the auto-fill.

When start my computer, I log into the desktop application. The first login of the day generally prompts a Chrome window to open where it asks me to login again at the mycompany.1password.com site. However, even if I'm logged into the desktop app, and have logged in at the website it opens for me, the browser extension won't autofill passwords until I click its icon and put a password in there as well.

The settings for both the app and the extension are enabled so they should be integrated with each other, I've checked for updates across both and they say I'm up to date. Are logins supposed to sync across them both? It's incredibly frustrating having to login to the same application sometimes three separate times just to access my saved passwords while sitting here at my computer.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Win10 Pro 21H2

Comments

• Hi @mbaker:

There is an issue with our signing certificate that is affecting 1Password 7 and 8 for Windows, resulting in some customers having trouble with updating or installing 1Password as well as the browser integration. We're working on getting this resolved, and appreciate your patience. In the meantime, please know that this is not a security issue and 1Password is safe to use.

If you're having trouble with 1Password, the best workaround is to use 1Password in your browser without integrating with 1Password for Windows: right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choose Settings, and turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.

Jack

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mbakker,

Please check for an update, 1Password 8.7.2 is out with the updated code-signing certificate that should fix the issue you're having.

This discussion has been closed.