1Password 8 for Amazon Fire Tab

dsouzadrian
dsouzadrian
Community Member

I understand that 1Password 7 wasn't officially supported on Amazon Fire Tablets. It used to work a couple of years back if I remember and then with an update - it stopped working to where the app wouldn't open if I tried opening 1Pass 7. Auto Fill still worked and I made peace with it as long as auto fill was working.

Now that we have a new version of 1Password, will version 8 have official support for Amazon Fire Tabs ? I installed it on my Fire HD 10 2021 version and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. I have not encountered any crashes etc.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dsouzadrian, thanks for your question!

1Password 7 and 8 for Android are designed and tested with Android in mind. While Fire OS is built off of Android OS there are some differences. Due to this, 1Password for Android may not work as expected or at all on Fire tablets. At this time, we do not have plans to officially support Fire OS devices. I'm glad to hear everything is working well on your HD 10!

• ethomp
    ethomp
    Community Member

I understand that the Fire tablets are a very different beast. They definitely require a lot of hoop jumping to get it to be a really decent experience. I really miss a functional 1P experience. It encourages an insecure security practice that's contrary to the entire 1P ethos.

I don't expect a first-class experience, but it would be great if it was able to install and sync at the very least. Auto fill like in 1P8 would be a dream, but it's not crucial.

Since there are so few decent Android tablets, and really nothing on the iPad level, IMHO, the missing 1P makes the Android or pseudo Android experience on a tablet that much less appealing.

Plus, Prime Day is this coming week... 🤑

• ag_timothy
    edited July 2022

Hi @ethomp, thanks for weighing in on this!

I can definitely see the advantage and appeal of having 1Password available on all your devices. If 1Password for Android isn't available or isn't working as expected on a Fire tablet you can sign in on 1Password.com to access your items there. I understand that the web interface doesn't have the features of the apps but it is an option to access your items where they might be otherwise unavailable. Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-1420

This discussion has been closed.