@steph.giles

support ID:

[#WBD-94329-928]

• Laur59
    Laur59
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @steph.giles

Do I understand it right from your comments that the stable version of 1Password is able to unlock with TouchID (with finger prints)?

• cbseven
    cbseven
    Community Member
    Options

David from 1Password support offered the following:

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble with app integration. I have a few questions to get a better understanding of the situation, in order to provide the best advice moving forward:

Are you seeing the 1Password icon in your Mac menu bar?
    Is the "Connect with 1Password in the browser" setting toggled on in your 1Password desktop app's settings? Here's how you can locate this setting:
    Open the 1Password desktop app.
    Click your account name in the top left of the window.
    Select Settings.
    Click Browser in the sidebar.
    Is the 1Password desktop app allowed to run in the background? Here's how you can check:
    Click the 1Password icon in the menu bar and select "Quit".
    Right-click your Arc browser in your dock and select "Quit".
    Click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen and select "System Settings".
    Click General > Login items.
    Ensure 1Password is toggled on under "Allow in background".
    If you restart your Arc browser and the 1Password desktop app does the issue persist?
    Let us know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you further!

--

I followed the instructions and immediately found that 1Password was not able to connect to the 1Password extension in my (Arc) browser (1Password/Settings/Browser). Changing the system settings on my Mac to allow 1Password to operate in the background (System Settings/General/Allow in Background) and restarting my Mac did the trick.

-- Charlie

• cbseven
    cbseven
    Community Member
    Options

...and @Laur59 - I can unlock my 1Password vault, from the browser, with my Apple Watch with the shipping version of the 1Password extension. Presumably, this would also work with a fingerprint sensor.

• Laur59
    Laur59
    Community Member
    Options

I have found that the application Arc shall be installed in the folder /Applications in order to have 1Password proposing to unlock with TouchID. As I am still in evaluating Arc, I had installed it in my home ~/Applications folder; and was not getting choice to unlock 1Password with TouchID.

• cbseven
    cbseven
    Community Member
    Options

@Laur59 That info syncs up with the 1Password support page here:
    https://support.1password.com/cs/cannot-connect-browser/

• Hey @cbseven,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you were able to get things back on track.

That's right, @Laur59 in order for the browser to communicate with your 1Password app (allowing you to unlock with Touch ID) it needs to be installed in your /Applications folder. Do things now work as you'd expect?

• Laur59
    Laur59
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, as I mentionned earlier moving Arc in /Applications folder resolved the problem with Touch ID

• Thanks for getting back to us @Laur59, have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.