Smart "save new items in" based on username

Options

As I imagine many others do, I have vaults for personal & for work, and it doesn't make sense for me to just choose 1 vault as the one to save new items in. It seems simple enough to me that there should be some way to say "if the username is my work email address, save to that private vault, otherwise use my personal vault" but instead I have to remember to do that on every save, and often end up saving work logins to my personal vault.

Is this something that's been requested before? Maybe there's some trick to even do it now that I'm not aware of?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Hey @swrobel:

That's a great idea, and I've filed a feature request on your behalf!

In the meantime, if you use multiple different browser profiles, you can configure 1Password in your browser to use a different default vault for saving in each profile. For example, I use a few different browser profiles one for work, and one for personal. I have my personal browser profile set to save to my personal 1Password account, whereas my work profile saves to my work 1Password account.

To change where 1Password in your browser saves items by default, right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then choose Settings. Configure the option for "Save new items in" to the vault you'd like to use for that browser profile.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-1281

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for putting in the feature request, and for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.